Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Same time, next year?


It's 5:20 am. I've been awake an hour. Sound familiar? I iz annoyed. I'm also WAY too good at freaking myself out- I just went outside, and when I picked up my Camels, they were beside my copy of "World War Z," so I started thinking, "What if there were zombies out here? What if they were the fast kind?" I smoked that one really quickly.
Speaking of night terrors, I've managed to mostly get over a lingering problem I had with Jason Voorhees, especially since working Horror Nights year before last... I was walking along the lake where the Jaws ride is, behind the cabins, at dusk, looked up and saw SIX Jasons, machetes in hand, walking toward me. I swear, I almost peed on myself. I saw this little Spanish movie called "A Real Friend" recently, and it was amazingly helpful on the Jason front- though the "real friend" was actually modeled on Leatherface, same principle. The movie's from an awesome series called "6 Films To Keep You Awake," and FearNet was showing 'em all in turn til the jerks at Brighthouse yanked the channel and started charging for all the movies it used to carry. Bah. S'okay, they had 'em online for free at the website, so I finished the series anyway. And- tangentially- has anyone else noticed how many awesome Spanish horror movies there are out there? SHHHHHH!!! Don't tell anyone! The last thing we need is another Hollywood no-imagination-'ho-fest of swiping sweeeet scary movies and dumbing 'em down. The J-horror mess has been pitiful enough. /rant. Sorry, I get grouchy when I wake up for no good reason. Wordy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment