Tuesday, April 15, 2008

53 reasons I need a new car


I've been seriously debating the plusandminuses of eating disorders, but overall I think the best solution to my nonsmoking weight gain is to buy a car. I have to do it soon, before my Camry explodes in the middle of Kirkman causing a multiple car pileup and negating the need to choose between planting and cremation. If I have a car payment, that's less money to spend on cheeseburgers, and a new car would mean I can GO PLACES, like the beach and home to see my family, so I'd be out doing stuff instead of sitting on my booty wanting to do stuff.

I'm still sniffin' samples, trying to pick a new perfume (or two, or eight). Haven't decided fo' sho' yet, but am currently DIGGING my Fendi Theorema sample- of COURSE, as it's discontinued and expensive- which just arrived today. It's freaking delicious, like oranges and cloves and cinnamon. It smells like Christmas. Maybe not right for hot weather down here, but then again, I keep sniffing my wrist and making growly noises, so.... hm. My top choices so far seem to mostly be foody scents, maybe cause I've had loads of.. er.. social success when I smelled vaguely of cookies, but I'm still working out which ones smell like ME, not like some .alt version I wish I were. My faves so far:

Guerlain Iris Ganache (flowers on creme brulee!)
Badgley Mischka (not my absolute fave, but it's getting mad compliments)
Chanel Coco (incense-y, far more sophisticated than I am, but classic and beautiful)
Lolita Lempicka L (not fancy, just pretty. Perfect for summer)
Hermes Hermessences Ambre Narguile (a warm blanket of amber and honey. If it just had a *tiny* dash of sexy, I'd own a bottle already)

Got a couple more on the way, a couple on the to-do list, and a couple to retry- Guerlain Mitsouko smelled amazing once, then like Granny's catbox once, so it gets a third try... but on my day off. Annick Goutal Sables I'm still debating, cause I can't figure out why something that smells just exactly like peppered maple syrup makes me happy every time I sniff it.

So I put in to get off work early today just cause I could, not cause I expected it to happen. With the lame-o closing schedule I have now, it's unusual to get a chance to bail, but today it slowed down and just never picked back up. Fine by me, it had been nothing but travel agents adjusting existing reservations (i.e., no money for me!) and my work buddy had the day off, so I was grumpy and bored.... but now I'm home, and I really don't have a damn thing to do except read, watch tv, clean house, or go to Target. Bo-ring. I should at least be using my pass to go to a famous expensive theme park... but I'm edgy about explosions while driving over there. Yep, it's time to buy a car!

No comments:

Post a Comment