Friday, August 17, 2007

Okay, don't shoot me yet.


Quiet and hollow all day after last night's meltdown. Not to TMI, but I absentmindedly started reading the patient info that came with my pills while in the john a little while ago, and guess what? Severe depression was listed as a possible problem. I just started my 3rd month on Yaz, the bc pills that are marketed as a wonderful, fabulous godsend for women with severe PMS. The smarmy tv ads (with the obnoxious doctor chick at a SATC-type party) obsessively lecture on the dangers of smoking, but do they mention the possibility that your severe PMS might turn into PLAYING WITH RAZORS?!!??! Nope. So I got online, Googled Yaz + depression, and what did I find? A plethora of reviews from women who have not only had major depressive issues, but gained weight and had CHUNKS OF THEIR HAIR FALL OUT. I am so angry about this. As if I haven't had a hard enough time for the past 12 years dealing with my brain's natural f-ed-up-ness, I gotta have these deceptive pharmaceutical bastards marketing a pill as helpful that actually makes things WORSE? And it doesn't help that Dan spent fifty dollars on these things Tuesday, money we NEEDED, and the only reason we've been willing to pay so much is that they were supposed to be HELPING me. So we're out fifty bucks, plus whatever money we spend on...er... something else, because I'll NEVER take one of those horrible things again. Grrrr... at least I can quit taking them, and maybe quickly get my life back to maintenance-level pain rather than the horrible wracking misery it's been for two months. Thank God for small (actually, middlin'-large) favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment