Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yay, interwebz!

So I finally came up with the money Brighthouse wanted and navigated the complications of getting them to acknowledge that my apartment ladies DID let them know it's ok to give me the internet access I'm already paying for here at the new house. Jackasses. I'm very happy to be able to do more than the VERY limited stuff on my 'bout-to-be-replaced cell phone, or 'Oh-Lord-they're-gonna-CATCH-me' bill checking at work. Now I just have to figure out how to pay my car insurance, since their money went to get us webz and decent channels again.... Not to keep complaining 'bout money- I know it's been a major theme 'round here lately, but God, I'm sick to death of being scared to death.

So, that endo appointment? Shoulda spent the copay on beer. The woman heard 'fatigue and weight gain,' ignored my way-off hormone blood tests, MADE ME SHOW HER MY STRETCH MARKS. (I tell you what: I woulda done some damn hedge edging if I'd even SUSPECTED that was gonna happen! I guess she wanted me to prove the weight gain had been as sudden and horrifying as I claimed?) and announced I need Vitamin D. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??!!!??!? My blood tests said my D was FINE!!!! I took one of the giant D pills (cuz hey, she's a damn DOCTOR, right?!?!) was ohsosick for 3 days and in utter misery at work, and said F that. I'll keep assuming I'm bipolar. My shrink ordered copies of my blood tests, and since he's the only really trustworthy (if conservative) doc I know down here, I wanna see what he thinks. Gar. I'm really considering going back to just being crazy. It's cheaper.

I guess it's not such a bad thing I haven't had much web access the last coupla weeks- moving is not particularly interesting- but I did, on my former web home, receive contact from someone I used to... know, and it's had me thinkun a lot. I'm a little sad, confused, weirded out that people can be so frigging stupid about what's good for them- and glad I ended up in the best place for me. Complicated stuff, the deets wouldn't really be appropriate for public consumption- I'd love to have the guts to just bare all, but I'd make people I love very uncomfortable, so I've consoled myself reading Miss Manners' tomes and thinking what a perfect world would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment