Friday, July 18, 2008

Now THAT was a Batman movie!


WIDE awake. Hyper. Gotsta be at work at 7 am, and I may be going back to the movies for round two afterward. Okay, rewind: worked for a minute this am, swam, napped, bought a sexy plum-colored tank but didn't buy the saffron Calvin Klein dress ($32!) cuz it didn't look quite right. Got four hardbacks for twenty bucks at the bargain bookstore ("Duma Key" for a DOLLAR!), had fish'n'chips at The Cricketers Arms, went to the movie. I was ticked we got a smaller theatre, but it was good- it got hella hot, but not unbearable, and I didn't have to deal with the migraine inducing THX the big 'uns usually crank up. As for "The Dark Knight"...... DAYUM. It's as good as you've heard. THAT was the Batman movie I expected and didn't get with "Batman Begins." It's rilly, rilly good, y'all- complicated, long, and this sibilant, tongue-flickery, mordant Joker...... dude, it's been a while since I heard that much inappropriate laughter from uncomfortable audience members, and that was kinda interesting. I do need to point out that this commercials-before-the-trailers thing has gone all kinds of Ourobouros when they show a tv commercial for "The Dark Knight" in the theatre before playing "The Dark Knight." That's just wrong. The movie's sweet, though- keep an eye out for the two shots of the Joker sans makeup- none of the reviews I've seen have mentioned it yet, and I'm kinda surprised, considering how important the event immediately following seems. You'll see! Ooooh, and the trailer for "Watchmen" is cool, cool, cool. Yeah, I may go again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment